background

Monday, December 22, 2008

Where I Like to Create

I love scrapbooking, making cards, and creating other crafty projects for around the house. However I must admit that you need a good space to create because usually you can't start and finish a project in one sitting. Creating something that I love takes a lot of thought and oftentimes I have to come back later and having a place to keep it all in place is a necessity.

I have the perfect spot in the house for my projects but it makes my hubby crazy when my table is a "mess", however I don't think of it that way and in fact the messier the space the more creative the project turns out.

Before

As you can see, I make quite the mess when creating a masterpiece but I wouldn't be able to create without a mess. I can't show you what I'm working on because someone is getting it as a gift for Christmas this year. However, in order to be productive and creative on my next project, I have to clean up afterwards. It actually doesn't take that long and I discover things I had forgotten that I had in my stash. It's amazing what you can find when you do a little clean-up.

AFTER


I wanted to provide a little sneak peak to my creative space but there's more to see...stay tuned and I'll post more soon. You're probably wondering where I store all of my goodies, let's say that it's out of sight but definitely organized. I once was a big slog (just ask my parents) but now I love organization - I guess my hubby has rubbed off onto me.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Take your before picture and multiply by 10 and that is my scrap room!!! It is a disaster..... It is currently my wrapping room and has tons of presents in there..... scrap crap is everywhere... and anything else that needs dumped ends up in there too... arghh...
Did I mention that my folks are coming in and I need to trasform that room back into a guest room before they come in 3 days??? Ouch. We are heading out to the paper dollhouse in like 2 weeks..... I am in big trouble!!!!

Fryer Family said...

I love your scrapping/card making space. If we EVER get a bigger home maybe I can finally get back into scrapbooking too. I haven't made a single scrapbook page for over 3 years and I have only made about 4 cards. I'm really missing it...