background

Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Frame Time Again - Christmas


So now that Thanksgiving is over it was time to come up with a Christmas idea for my black frame since the leaves had to go away until next year. I decided to use one of the pictures that we recently took of us last week for our Christmas card.

To be honest the pictures don't give it justice because it's much cuter and has more details that didn't get picked up on the picture. The roof is made out of red paper that I used a scallop punch on to make it look like shingles. Also the brown chimney has snow on the top of it and there is also snow around the window as well. To draw attention to the window I lined it with some twine ribbon and put some glitter snow on the top of it.

At the bottom it says "Anderson Family Christmas" in red and then our names in green and the year in black. But the coolest part (at least I think) is that you can open the house and the picture of us is inside.

I'm not sure if I am completely "loving it" but unless I come up with another idea this will be hanging by the door for the next month or two. I think my mother is working on a little mini Christmas quilt for me so I may be hanging that up soon as well.

Check Spelling
Tomorrow I am going to a Holiday decorating class at Pottery Barn so I'm really hoping to get some ideas from that because I feel like I keep decorating the same each year and I want to do something different.

I've been working on a few other crafty projects for Christmas but I can't post them because who knows - maybe you'll be getting one as a Christmas gift. One in particular I must admit is just so "sweet" looking that I can hardly wait to show you.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The frame is very cute. I can't wait to see what you learn at the Pottery Barn class. I didn't know they had classes but I'm not surprised you did.

Brooke said...

It looks so CUTE! I love the ribbon :) OK - I know, I love ALL ribbon.. it is an obsession! Hee hee.
Well done.
You are the craftiest!!