Thursday, December 31, 2009
I'm playing along with Mama Bear from 4 the Love of Family and thinking back over the past 364 days. Before jumping into our 2010 new year resolutions, shouldn't we focus on what we are grateful for and not necessarily what we need to work on? It puts a new spin to ending one year and starting another.
10 things that made me happy in the past year....
1) My husband David's sense of humor
2) Constant love and affection from my pup Tanner
3) Our home which gives me a warm place to lay my head down everynight
4) The newest addition to our family, my precious niece Aubrey
5) Blue water, sand in my toes, and warm sun keeping me warm in Cozumel
6) My job - I really do LOVE it even when the stakes are high
7) Time to enjoy scrapbooking and stamping with my friends at Archiver's
8) Learning to shoot my digital SLR camera manually
9) While the passing of my grandmother was very sad, I am grateful for the time I spent with her and that I was able to be by her side during her passing. She was very comfortable and that made me happy. I really miss her!
10) Last but not least - warm pj's and my snuggie!!!
What makes you happy? Do share.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
It’s true – I’m another year older and hopefully
not showing my age quite yet wiser. I’m starting to see those little lines showing up on my face and I’ve decided that I’m going to fight that kicking and screaming all of the way to the spa. I started my day at the dentist to get those pearly whites white again thanks to my 6 month cleaning. It was quick and painless and then I headed to the spa for my facial. I had some time to kill so I used my Banana Republic gift card from Tanner to purchase a new sweater – can you tell I love sweaters with big collars on them? I think Tanner loves mama’s new warm sweater too.
Anyways – sorry I regressed a bit but after a little shopping I received an hour of absolute pampering. My esthetician said my skin was a bit dry and she felt my ‘acne’ was due to stress – does that mean I get to do this more often? She also commented about my little lines and I didn’t like that too much. Did she have to point that out?!?! I guess I should have tipped her at the beginning so all she said was wonderful things to me. The facial was wonderful – can you see my skin glowing below? I then went to my neighbor Jen’s house to hang out while her kids napped and we drank a bottle of wine. It was oh so good and so was her wonderful company!
The hubby finally got home from work and he just couldn’t wait to give me my birthday gift. David is so good to me and bought me a new camera bag. Thanks Honey! I guess Tanner helped pick it out too so I had to pose with my best bud. Isn’t he the cutest? It’s finally dinner time! While I really wanted to have Joe’s Stone Crab (not to be mistaken for Joe’s Crab Shack) but it was too far to drive so we went to Bob Chinn’s Crab House. David swiftly told our waitress it was my birthday (thanks hon) and she was very quick to bring me my first mai tai. Did you know they have the best mai tai’s anywhere? I was planning on getting King Crab Legs but then David pointed out the stone crab – I ended up ordering them hoping they were as good as Joe’s but was disappointed. (Sorry Bob but you could learn a thing or two from Joe…..) David on the other hand got the King Crab Legs and they were delicious and I was jealous but luckily he was kind enough to share. Luckily the mai tai’s and the birthday cake they brought me made up for it. Last but not least I had to pose with the Tiki man in the parking lot – yes I’m a dork but it was a photo moment I couldn’t pass up.
I also wanted to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes, cards, and gifts I received. It meant so much to me especially since it’s at such a busy time of year. I can’t only hope that the next year is as full of blessings as this year!
Monday, December 28, 2009
This past year, I have worked really hard to try and learn Photoshop, take better pictures, and write content for my readers that will have them begging for more. I read so many brilliant blogs and I strive to be just like them but I’ve slowly figured out that it simply isn’t possible. Many of them are SAHM’s and blogging is their full time jobs outside of raising children. My life is very different and the reason I blog is very different so of course I should have realized a long time ago to just lighten up and remember why I blog.
Here’s my new blogging philosophy:
- Have fun – it shouldn’t be chore. If I don’t have anything to blog about, don’t stress, and don’t make something up.
- Keep taking those pictures. Practice makes perfect but unfortunately I only get take pictures during the evening and only on the weekends during the day and we all know that natural light rules. I just need to get over it.
- Throw Photoshop out the window and embrace an easier way to edit my photos. A big thanks to Centsational Girl who finally made me realize that you can still edit pictures without using Photoshop. Thanks to her, I am loving Picasa!!! (Did you see the blog banner I created in less than 1 hour?)
- Hug Windows Live Writer and thank Microsoft for making my blogging life easier. Do you hate how you have to upload photos in Blogger? If so you have to try this, it’s a 1000x easier.
- Continue to learn new things. In the last week I have learned how to use Windows Live Writer, Picasa, and make my own banner thanks to the help of the wonderful bloggers out there. Keep sharing and spread the joy of blogging to others. Have you thought about starting a blog? Stop thinking and just do – I promise you will love it.
Thanks for listening to my new blogging philosophy, I feel like I have lifted 20 lbs off of my shoulders.
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
- Paper: old olive, whisper white, bermuda bay, rich razzleberry
- Ink: bermuda bay, rich razzleberry, old olive
- Stamps: Delightful Decorations
- Accessories:silver elastic cord, rich razzleberry polka dot ribbon, clear silver brads
- Other: silver gel pen, ornament punch, scallop trim border punch (available in Jan 2010), poinsetta big shot die
I hope you enjoy our 2009 holiday cards because we sure have enjoyed receiving all of yours. While I would have loved to send them to everyone who has touched our lives, it simply wasn't feasible for us to do that.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
- Paper: real red cardstock, old olive cardstock, whisper white cardstock, Heidi Grace Designs Jolly & Bright patterned paper
- Punches: eyelet border, scallop oval, large oval
- Accessories: white gel pen, bazzill red/white ribbon, silver elastic cord