background

Thursday, December 24, 2009

2009 Holiday Cards

Going on vacation in December put me a bit behind in making and sending off our 2009 Holiday cards. After spending 13 hours working on the cards this weekend, I am happy to say they all went into the mail on Monday morning. I had to give myself a deadline to ensure they were received by our friends and family prior to Christmas. My procrastination created a great deal of stress, not to mention my right arm is so sore that I can hardly lift it above my shoulder. I decided that repetitive, physical work is not for me but the outcome was well worth the hardwork.

Monday morning all were sent off in the mail. Oh wait, this was only the first batch that went in the mail Sunday night. I ended up working until 1:30 am on the rest of them.

Where the creativity happened.

Here's a peek!

Another angle to show the embossing on the white cardstock. Yes, I didn't buy the paper that way, I ran it through my Big Shot.

Another view.


Supplies Used:
  • Paper: old olive, whisper white, bermuda bay, rich razzleberry
  • Ink: bermuda bay, rich razzleberry, old olive
  • Stamps: Delightful Decorations
  • Accessories:silver elastic cord, rich razzleberry polka dot ribbon, clear silver brads
  • Other: silver gel pen, ornament punch, scallop trim border punch (available in Jan 2010), poinsetta big shot die
Note: all products used are Stampin Up

I hope you enjoy our 2009 holiday cards because we sure have enjoyed receiving all of yours. While I would have loved to send them to everyone who has touched our lives, it simply wasn't feasible for us to do that.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

It is a stunning card!!! All that intricate work had to take you some serious time (and pain & suffering too.) I LOVED it though and it will surely go in my cool cards from Melissa box :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Brooke said...

PS - love the new look around here!!! Too cute ;)

Fryer Family said...

Your Christmas card was BEAUTIFUL! We always look forward to seeing what your next handmade card will be :)

Anonymous said...

Razzleberry huh. I wonder if I can come up with that color in my dyeing fabrics. Need a bigger sample please. Great Christmas cards Melissa. Thank-you for Sharing our season together.