This past year, I have worked really hard to try and learn Photoshop, take better pictures, and write content for my readers that will have them begging for more. I read so many brilliant blogs and I strive to be just like them but I’ve slowly figured out that it simply isn’t possible. Many of them are SAHM’s and blogging is their full time jobs outside of raising children. My life is very different and the reason I blog is very different so of course I should have realized a long time ago to just lighten up and remember why I blog.
Here’s my new blogging philosophy:
- Have fun – it shouldn’t be chore. If I don’t have anything to blog about, don’t stress, and don’t make something up.
- Keep taking those pictures. Practice makes perfect but unfortunately I only get take pictures during the evening and only on the weekends during the day and we all know that natural light rules. I just need to get over it.
- Throw Photoshop out the window and embrace an easier way to edit my photos. A big thanks to Centsational Girl who finally made me realize that you can still edit pictures without using Photoshop. Thanks to her, I am loving Picasa!!! (Did you see the blog banner I created in less than 1 hour?)
- Hug Windows Live Writer and thank Microsoft for making my blogging life easier. Do you hate how you have to upload photos in Blogger? If so you have to try this, it’s a 1000x easier.
- Continue to learn new things. In the last week I have learned how to use Windows Live Writer, Picasa, and make my own banner thanks to the help of the wonderful bloggers out there. Keep sharing and spread the joy of blogging to others. Have you thought about starting a blog? Stop thinking and just do – I promise you will love it.
Thanks for listening to my new blogging philosophy, I feel like I have lifted 20 lbs off of my shoulders.