background

Monday, December 28, 2009

Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich

I was the lucky gift recipient of "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" book by Ree Drummond for Christmas (thanks mom and dad) and I'm in love with this new cookbook already. Not only is Pioneer Woman a blogger extraordinaire but a phenomenal photographer, cook, and rancher's wife. Her cookbook is very easy to follow and has pictures to help you along the way that are beautiful to look at. We decided to try one of the recipes tonight and my hubby thinks I am the best cook thanks to this meaty, artery clogging, butter filled sandwiches. I normally hate cube steak but add a stick of butter (gulp) and a few other ingredients and you have the best darn sandwich ever - really. If you love meat, make this sandwich, you won't regret it - well you might because it's not so nice on the waistline. Don't have the cookbook? Don't worry, click here for the recipe from her blog.

Delicious!

Grillin up some onions.

Cute up and season the cube steak.

Brown the butter.


Grill up that cube steak


Add back the onions, some tobasco and worchestire sauce.

Grill up those buns hon!

and you end up with this to die for sandwich.
Honestly meat lovin folks will go crazy over this. I can't wait for my parents to visit again, my dad will go head over heels over this sandwich.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

OMG - I must be hungry because that sandwich looks TO DIE FOR!!! I love Pioneer Woman. I did see that she was in Chicago in November... I almost emailed you to see if you wanted to go get a SIGNED copy! But then I got LAZY ;)

Fryer Family said...

That sandwich looks so Yummy! We'll have to try the recipe.

Miquel said...

LOVE Pioneer Woman and her blog! I also received her cookbook for Christmas. If you like olives you MUST try the olive bread for cowgirls! I don't like the green variety, so we used black and kalamata and it was delicious!

Keri said...

You have my attention! This looks fabulous. I'm now a loyal follower. One of these days when you have a minute, come and see my blog. I'd be proud and honored to have you as a friend/follower. Happy New Year, Keri (aka Sam) www.samwich365.com