Today Layla over at The Lettered Cottage is having a Christmas mantle party and I thought I'd join in since my mantle is decked out for the holidays. Well actually we don't technically have a "mantle" but I have a nice built-in buffet that works just the same without the fireplace. It's much prettier in person or in better lighting but this is all I could capture since the sun sets so darn early around here. In fact, today Chicago got their first snowflakes but luckily they aren't sticking yet. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.......
Here's what I did to complete our Christmas mantel.
- Fresh greenery along with pine cones sprinkled throughout to bring the outdoors in. We use an artificial tree but the greenery is real and brings that Christmas smell into the house without the fire hazard.
- 2 green sparkly trees and 2 red glitter candles from Crate & Barrel to add a bit of color and sparkle
- 2 reindeer, 3 stockings, and a silver ornament garland from Pottery Barn
- A large tall vase filled with artificial snow and filled with greenery, snow covered branches, and a pop of red flowers to add height and drama.
- And last but not least, my pine cone wreath that I made over the weekend. You can read all about how I made it here.
Another view of the entire mantle right next to our Christmas tree.
A close-up of my pine cone wreath that I am oh so proud of.
Looking for more inspiration to "deck the halls " for the holidays? Visit the Holiday Home party over at the Lettered Cottage.