background

Monday, August 9, 2010

Laundry Room - First Problem Solved

We are getting super-excited about our new laundry room that will soon allow us to have a full-size washer and dryer. Very excited about the amount of time and money this will save us but also it will certainly help with resale value as well. But I think we are both equally excited about the design process. But first I wanted to share with you that the first problem has been solved.


Instead of adding the extra space on the right side of the laundry closet we are luckily able to add it to the left side instead. The big metal pipe on the right was not something we were able to work around but luckily we are able to make it work on the other side with the moving of some piping instead. Thank goodness, I was getting really scared that I would possibly have to give up my scrapbook closet and that would have had me in tears.

Now the fun part, picking out a new washer/dryer and what the room will look like when it's all done. Anyone purchase new appliances lately? I'd love some recommendations but here's what we are thinking is the direction we may go in. Some super sleek stainless steel/gray/graphite colored machines! I think they would look beautiful next to some wainscoating on the walls and a marble countertop for folding those freshly washed clothes. I never thought I would be so excited about new appliances but I feel like a new world is opening up for us. Oh I know the drama but seriously we are super excited! Stay tuned, the project begins next week and I'll be sharing the project details with all of you.


1 comment:

Granite Vanity said...

The big metal pipe on the right was not something we were able to work around but luckily we are able to make it work on the other side with the moving of some piping instead.