background

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Healthy Treat to Break the Heat

It has been uncomfortably hot and humid over the past few days and finding a bit of relief is definitely needed. I've been soaking up the A/C but I decided that a cool treat was in order. Instead of heading to the freezer for some ice cream, I made a berry smoothie that is delicious and healthy. Has anyone else tried the pre-packaged Yoplait frozen yogurt packets? I found them at Costco and now I can't do without them. They are pre-packaged and included frozen berries and yogurt and all you need to do is add milk and blend. It's great when you are in a hurry and need a sweet little treat.  


Doesn't it look delicious? I'm thinking I could use another one right now. Has anyone tried a great smoothie recipe that they would like to share? Finding the perfect blend and the right consistency is more difficult than you think. Cheers!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

We make berry smoothies all the time! That darn Abs Diet... grrrrr.

My favorite is:
Ice
OJ (low sugar)
Low fat yogurt
Whey powder - Vanilla
Berries

They are so good :D

Fryer Family said...

Yummy! I need to add this to my grocery shopping list :)