background

Friday, March 19, 2010

Tanner's First Bike Ride

Tanner - Cruising in Style!

At work we have a recognition program where you can turn in points earned for really cool stuff. I used some of my points recently to get this black North Face jacket and also this dog bike carrier for Tanner. Stop laughing - I can hear you! I love my pup to death and we hate leaving him all of the time especially since he LOVES the outdoors and fresh air. Dave attached the carrier to my bike and I've been anxiously waiting for the snow to melt and for a decent day to take him for a little ride. Dave kept saying, he's going to hate it and it will never work but I was determined to get him comfortable and slowly take him for longer and longer rides. Tonight after handling a late afternoon crisis, I said come on Dave, we are taking Tanner for a ride. He reluctantly went into the carrier, I strapped him in so he's safe and can't jump off. Amazingly he calmed down and we took off - HE LOVED IT! David was amazed and I was so happy that we could now enjoy bike rides together as a family. I went around the block and let me tell you, heads were turning and I never saw so many smiles on peoples faces. What's not to love about an adorable little pup going for a ride attached to the front of a bike.

P.S. Please forgive me for not doing my hair or make-up, it was a work from home day. Also I always wear a bike helmet, just not for the pics - promise!

1 comment:

Fryer Family said...

That is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time! I'm so glad Tanner enjoyed his bike ride:)