background

Friday, March 26, 2010

Presents for a Princess

My niece Katie turned 3 a couple of weeks ago but her birthday party is this Saturday. I decided to incorporate her favorite color which she told me was purple into the gift bag and the princess theme into her card. Sorry I can't reveal her gifts because she likes to look at my blog and I would hate to blow my cover!

I decided to "spruce up" the plain purple gift bag that I bought for her gifts. I wrapped the gifts individually and then put them in the bag so she could have a little fun unwrapping all of her goodies. I then brought out the Big Shot and used my new alphabet die set to personalize the bag for her. Simply pick out the cardstock and roll it through the Big shot which does most of the hard work.


Then I just adhered the letters to the bag to spell out "Happy Birthday Katie!"
(Please disregard the fact that the rows aren't in alignment - it's already driving me nuts but I have to just let it go, I don't think Katie will mind)

Then I filled it to the brim with gifts that any 3 year old girl would love.
Then it was time to move onto the card fit only for a little Princess. I decided to use pink instead of the purple this time - please forgive me Katie.

Supplies Used:
  • Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
  • Ink: Melon Mambo
  • Stamps: Princess Time
  • Punches: Scallop circle, eyelet border, circle
  • Accessories: Bazzill ribbon, ribbon metal embellishment, rhinestones, big shot with polka dot texture plate

2 comments:

Brooke said...

LOVE the card and the bag! You are super crafty girl ;D

Allison said...

That card is absolutely adorable!

AF