background

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blogs I Adore - Joy the Baker

Meet Joy, Joy the Baker, who's blog I have a love/hate relationship with. This young lady can whip up baking creations like nothing I've ever seen but the one problem - if I bake it, I have to eat it and that's a bad combination for me. She is a self-taught, taste bud baker who lives in Los Angeles and is only in her 20's. She has quite the following and I really hope you try some of her creations. What more can I say other than move over Betty Crocker, Joy the Baker is in the Kitchen!

Pumpkin Pie Bars - I LOVE pumpkin and will be whipping these up shortly

Red Velvet Black and White Cookies

Peanut Butter Fudge Treats

She even makes her own Vanilla Extract and I'm really excited about trying this because I go through this stuff like water and it's not cheap. I think this would make a great hostess gift or holiday gift for the baker in your life. Warning - it takes 2 months to make so make sure you plan ahead with this project.

Root Beer Float Cake - oh my, this has me dreaming about the floats from A&W when I was a child and I am itching to try this as well.

I make the best Carrot Cake ever (I know but it's true) so when I saw these Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Buttercream, it was love at first sight. This combines my love for cupcakes with my love for carrot cake, what more does a girl need?

Are you drooling over these recipes or have I already lost you to your kitchen to begin some baking? I should have put a warning at the front of this post but if these recipes don't have you running to the kitchen and you want something a bit more unique why don't you try her Vegan Chocolate Avocado Cake, Fresh Mango Lime Bread, or Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream with Fudge Sauce. I wasn't kidding when I said Joy bakes up some "creative creations" did I. Instead of baking another dozen chocolate chip cookies why not try one or two recipes. Have I convinced you to try one of these delicious recipes, do you promise to try one of them soon? I know I will and I'll follow up with all of you on the outcome, if there is any left of course. Also if you need a taste-tester, I'm always available.

2 comments:

Joy the Baker said...

Thank you so much for the lovely write up! You're super sweet!

Brooke said...

Great blog!! Yummmm.... I loved looking at her recipes and her photos are amazing. I love the frozen cookie dough ball idea. (I DO have kids and never thought of doing that!!!) Thanks for sharing this one.