background

Friday, July 3, 2009

Blogs I Adore - Freckles Chick

Mrs. Freckles Chick (Mrs. FC) is a thirty-ish Coloradoan who doesn't take life too seriously. She loves design, a good bargain, and remodeling her fixer upper home with Mr. FC. I adore all of her projects and our styles are scarily similar. In fact, her bedroom looks just like ours thanks to her hard work on that headboard. She was my inspiration and the reason why I built our headboard about a month ago. Remember this blog post???? DIY Fabric Headboard with Nailhead Trim that I blogged about in May - Mrs. FC was the superwoman who did this for her bedroom and made me feel confident enough that I could do it. I'm loving having a headboard versus a bare wall. Ever since that project - I stalk or shall I say follow her blog because her ideas are awesome.

FC is always redecorating her rooms and when I saw this recent post with a picture of her bedroom, I started to laugh because it looks so much like our room - probably because I like to steal her ideas. I adore that coverlet she has at the bottom of her bed and she purchased it from my favorite store - Homegoods. I may need to make a trip there this weekend.

I love having plants as part of my decor but I just don't seem to be able to keep them alive. However I am on a mission to grow a green thumb (ha ha) and thus far my garden exploded with blooms while I was away and the indoor herb garden is looking oh so yummy so I may try this project. Mrs FC purchased these lovely bowls from Crate & Barrel and planted these succulents to add to the decor in her kitchen and I just love this idea too. If you want to try this project, Mrs FC was kind enough to blog all about it with step by step instructions for those of us that require that - me! Check out this post if you want to add some succulence to your life.


I love organization and chalk cloth tags are oh so lovely. I used chalkboard tags in my scrapping/crafty room to label all of my stamps, crafty goods, and photographs so I can find what I need and look chic all at the same time. When I saw that Mrs FC Incorporated this idea into her kitchen and blogged about it, I have to admit that I too wished I had open shelving in my kitchen so I could use this idea too.

And I think I saved the best idea for last - are you loving that bathroom art or what? After seeing this Seafan decor on her blog, I decided I must make one of these for my bathroom downstairs that has a seashore theme to it. That bathroom is in desperate need of some art and creating it myself makes it that much more special. All you need is a seafan (ordered from ebay or pick one up at the beach if you are lucky), a shadowbox, and a piece of scrapbooking cardstock for the background. That's all it is and it has me swooning.

The best thing about Freckles Chick's blog is that she constantly has new ideas. All of these projects were blogged about within the last 2 months so she is always up to something at her chateau. I hope you stop by and check out Freckles Chick's blog - you are sure not to be disappointed.

1 comment:

Freckles Chick said...

::blushing like crazy::

Awww, M! You are too kind! Thank you so much for featuring little ol' me. I hope I can live up to your kind words! You pretty much rock.

=]