background

Monday, March 16, 2009

The Votes Are In (Drum Roll Please) Part 1

Last month, I posted 4 bedding options for our master bedroom which really needs some sprucing up and many of you voted on your favorite. It was really a split between 2 of the bedding options and you weren't shy about your opinions which I am very grateful for! I had many people calling me, emailing me, or stopping me on the street about this post and wanting to share their thoughts - as you can see this was a very popular post and I'm excited that so many are interested in decorating like I am. Based on your votes - below is the winner.

The majority of you voted for the above bedding from Pottery Barn.
Comments included the fact that it's feminine and masculine and you liked the colors.

After doing a bit of research I came across this new option which is similar to the PB option but is much, much cheaper. Sorry the picture is so small but what do you think of this one?

Our room is on the rather small side and is a beige color. We have the light colored wood floors and a dresser and end tables that are a light wood as well that we don't want to get rid of. We however are in desperate need of a real "adult" bed with a headboard and all. I'd like to get your thoughts on that as well. Should we go with - Wood, Upholstered, Metal, or something else like a wicker? Of these options we are more of the wood or upholstered type but I'm open to ideas.

P.S. Some of you asked for pictures but the room is a bit scary, stay tuned and I'll post some pictures shortly! I really am looking forward to hearing from you as we work together on decorating the master bedroom. Will you join me for the journey?

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I think I like that one BETTER. I like the dark brown mixed in. Good luck with the redecorating. As far as the bed goes - I would try for something that won't go out of style (wicker or fabric may have that tendency.) I am partial to wood, I guess. That would be my preference!

Anonymous said...

I think you pick the wrong one. It's more feminine. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and you have a good eye. You go girl! A good artist will make it work. Get it all together. Love Yah. M