background

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

History Has Been Made & I Couldn't be Happier!

I am in sitting in a hotel room in San Diego for a business meeting and I've been watching non-stop coverage of the election all night long and I must say that watching history unfold before my eyes has brought many tears to my eyes as well. I am so blessed to witness such an historical event and only wish I were back in Chicago at the Grant Park rally. While I'm not there in body, I am in spirit and can hardly contain myself in my hotel room.

When you think about how far we have come as a country, you start to realize how important of a role we each play in becoming one united country. This election we just elected an African-American President and also had a female running for vice-president. WOW - this is the type of story that I look forward to telling others about in years to come. This is truly what makes me so proud to be an American!

When I logged onto this blog tonight, I looked at the picture with David and I which was taken just one month ago at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago - where Barack Obama found out he was the President-elect. That was profound to me in so many ways and I hope none of us take this historical moment for granted, regardless of your political preference.

P.S. Don't worry I voted earlier because of this trip.

P.S.S. Dave please be sure to pick up a Chicago Tribune for me tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

YAY!!!!
GO OBAMA!!!!
Please, please make us proud!!!!
Melissa, it was an exciting night and one to look back on. Hopefully in years to come having a women or a minority on the ticket won't be such a big deal (meaning that it will be normal).... but it IS this year!!!!

David Anderson said...

Honey dont worry I got a Sun Times and a Tribune for us.