background

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dirty Dancing and Patrick Swayze

I remember when the movie Dirty Dancing hit the big screen. My friends and I ran to the movie theatre and there wasn't an empty seat in the entire theatre. This movie made me think that I too could dance (maybe even fall in love) and I quickly learned every word to every song in that movie. We even attempted to learn the dance moves from the movie in my basement but the "lift" move didn't go so well - let's just leave it at that.

While I am grateful that Patrick is no longer suffering, we will all miss seeing him on the big screen. RIP, Patrick Swayze.



P.S. If you are looking to remember that final dance, just click here.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

OMG - I KNOW!!!!
My sister and I watched that movie like a thousand times. Thank god we had the good sense to NOT try the lift move ;) HA!
RIP Patrick Swayze.