background

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another Birthday Card Creation for Mom

A month ago my mother turned 60 years old and we threw a party for her with family and friends to celebrate. Life was a little crazy at that time so I wasn't able to create a birthday card for her and I just couldn't buy a card from Hallmark for her (she would have been disappointed). So the last few weeks have been spent catching up and getting ahead with my card-making.

This is the card I created for my mother. This was a bit different for me because it mostly was made with cutting of paper and not so much stamping. She loves purple and likes bold designs so when I came up with this idea I knew she would love it.

Can you see the butterflies are 3-dimensional? It's hard to see in the picture but I cut clear acrylic paper and used it to add some dimension. Unfortunately because it's clear it's not getting picked up in the picture but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

THAT is a GREAT card!
Love it!!! And, I am sure your mom loved it too. It is a work of art.

Gosh, do I ever need to get a move on with card making - it has been a LONG time!!

Fryer Family said...

Beautiful card! I don't think I saw this one.