background

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Cubs vs. Dodgers Game

David and I took the day off of work on Friday to head into the city for the Cubs vs. Dodgers game at Wrigley Field. I'm surprised I convinced my hubby to go because he is a die-hard Cardinals fan and really doesn't like the Cubs and that's putting it nicely. However he'll never turn down a day at the ballpark no matter who is playing.

We got into the city early and decided to go for some lunch before heading into the stadium. David had an idea of where he wanted to eat and he picked the restaurant based on a show he saw on the Food Network - Man vs. Food - I should have known. :)

We had a couple of cold brews and then the sandwiches for lunch which turned out to me the size of head, and I'm not kidding! The sandwich is made with the meat and cheese of your choice and then pile of french fries and then some cole slaw.

One look at the sandwich and David came up with his game plan to tackle this sandwich - just dive right in and that he did!


After we finally finished lunch and were able to physically move again, we headed to the ball park for an afternoon of baseball fun.

Here's the happy couple enjoying some time together before the game started.


I put my photography skills to use and look at the picture of the 2nd home run of the game. Imagine how close I could have gotten if I had a telephoto lens (hint, hint honey).

Lastly, can you see the flag at the very top of the scoreboard? It's the Cardinals flag flying high and mighty since they are in first place. Hubby told everyone that is why he went to the game, to look at the flag flying away.

Another great day in the city and I couldn't have spent it with anyone sweeter than my hubby. Gush, gush - isn't he the greatest?

P.S. I almost forgot to mention that the Cubs won 2 to 1.

No comments: