background

Thursday, August 13, 2009

What's Your Design Style?

I'm 43% Nantucket Style
29% Cottage Chic
and 28% Modern Elegance

So what should I call it - Nantucket Cottage Chic Modern Elegance?
How about Stylish, Chic, and Elegant - did I just describe myself? Ha...

What are you? Check out Sproost for a fun way to learn more about your design style, I think it hit the nail on the head for me. What I really liked was the description and beautiful pictures that they showed for your style preference. It's fun, quick and very informative.

So what is Nantucket Style?
Well I love the beach and my dream home would be in a beach town but since that isn't possible I've brought the beach into my home - yes I have. For my art and accessories I prefer things that speak to beach activities or the feeling that being at the beach brings to me (check out my wall art, it's all very beachy). I love the look of driftwood and prefer fabrics that are naturals, cottons, and linens. As far as colors I get my inspiration from the beach - white, light beiges, and grays of the sand and driftwood, a variety of blues for the ocean and sky, and greens and vibrant blues of sea glass.

What is Cottage Chic?
I love the carefree spirit that the cottage interior inspires but I am also serious about modern art and hip treasures. I love old and new alike, and love to highlight them all to expose the uniqueness of each.

What is Modern Elegance?
Variety is the spice of life and nowhere is that truer than in design of my home. I love contemporary but wish it wasn't so cold and austere and I'm also drawn to traditional rooms. I want to create a less cluttered and busy space so this traditional style is contradicting styles. These contradicting styles is what makes this mix so successful.

I hope you check out Sproost and peruse through my Nantucket Style pictures below. They are so inspiring to me and will certainly help as I try and create this style in our home.









Aren't looking at beautiful rooms and interiors so inspiring? I feel like I'm at the beach relaxing, if only that were true!

1 comment:

Fryer Family said...

I'm looking around at some of your old posts labeled "decor." I finally made some time to take this quiz. You would not believe that we got the exact same percents for the exact same design styles!!