background

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Browned Butter Blueberry Muffins

We had some blueberries that we were planning on making pancakes with this morning but we slept in a little longer than expected and had toast instead. However I was determined not to waste them and knew I needed to make something today otherwise once the workweek starts, it may not happen. So I went to the computer and went directly to Joy the Baker's website and did a search for blueberries. I came across these Browned Butter Blueberry Muffins and headed straight into the kitchen to bake up a batch. Boy am I glad I did! I learned how to brown butter and got to get my hands dirty in making the crumbly topping for these muffins. These are the best muffins I've ever had and I'm not normally a big fan of blueberry. Have some fresh or frozen blueberries laying around? Then make these, you won't regret it.

Freshly baked muffins.

Right out of the oven.
Ready to head into the oven after getting the crumbly topping.

The batter in the muffin pan, waiting on the crumbly topping.

Are you salivating after looking at these muffins.
If so click here for the recipe.

2 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Can you please send some my way! YUM!

Fryer Family said...

Yummy! I love blueberries.