background

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Loving Frank and Oak Park

A week ago Sunday, David and I headed to Oak Park to tour the Frank Lloyd Wright studio and home as well as go on the walking neighborhood tour. I have been begging to go since I read the book "Loving Frank" by Nancy Horan last summer for book club. I absolutely fell in love with the whole story and his work has become a bit of an obsession with me. David and I both share a love of architecture so it was a perfect way to spend a summer day together.

In addition to drooling over all of the beautiful homes in Oak Park, I enjoyed taking over 100 photographs of the homes. I forced myself to only use the manual modes on my Canon SLR camera which was quite the challenge for me. Hopefully you'll agree that the hard work was worth it after viewing the pictures.







This house above sold for $3.9 million last year even though they were asking for more than $7million.


This is the front of his studio which was an addition to the house.

Another view of the front of the studio.

Finally here's a picture of his home.

Can you see me by the door? I just didn't want to leave, it was the most beautiful neighborhood and I felt right at home.
This home while it wasn't designed by Wright, I felt the curb appeal and design was just my style. I think for a couple of million it could be ours. A girl can dream right?
Our next trip is off to Falling Waters, we better get planning!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I loved that book too. The pictures of his homes are amazing. I am sure it made that story come to life. Very cool!!!!

Fryer Family said...

What gorgeous houses. I bet you had a great time on the tour.