I have probably been asked about 10 times in the last month if I am on "Facebook" and I always respond very quickly with an enthusiastic, "NO!" I just don't get it but I tell everyone they can friend my hubby since I think ALL of my friends are on his. David gives me the daily update on what's going on in everyone's world and shows me the cool pictures too.
Anyways I was reading my blogger friend - Brooke's blog today and she recommended writing a post on my blog about 25 random things. I thought - hmmm- I think my thoughts are already pretty random so this shouldn't be too hard. So here I go giving it a whirl.
25 Random Things about me:
1) Yes I know, I'm 32 years old and don't have any children yet. People are constantly asking and I must say that it's a major turn-off to ask that question. Well let me take that back - you can say "are you planning on having children?" but don't say "when or why don't you have children". David and I are thinking about adopting so there's everyone's answer.
2) I absolutely ADORE my baby Tanner - honestly he is the cutest puppy in the ENTIRE world. He will be 5 years old in 2 months so I guess he's not a puppy anymore but when your 10 pounds you are always a puppy.
3) My husband and I are opposites in may ways but we both agree that opposites attract - he is the one person in the world that grounds me and loves me unconditionally.
4) I have one brother and when we were little we fight constantly but if anyone picked on him they had to deal with me which wasn't a good thing. I would stick up for him and do anything for him even though we fought all the time. What can I say, it was sibling rivalry at it's best.
5) I have thought alot lately about moving somewhere different. The two places I've been thinking about include Ft Collins, Co or San Diego. However I just looked into refinancing our mortgage and it looks like we aren't selling anytime soon.
6) I love traveling for work. It's so fun to get a change of pace and I usually get to go to awesome places. My trips are generally short and I get to eat at great restaurants and stay in cool hotels. Did I mention that I love trendy hotel rooms!?!?
7) I worked in London the summer of 2000 and had the time of my life. This is were I became the independent woman that I am today because there's nothing like being thrown into a foreign country by yourself and having to find your way around.
8) One of my biggest fears is drowning. I'm not a strong swimmer but I'm much more confident than I was as a child. My parents signed me up for swimming lessons and I cried, kicked, and screamed because I hated it so much.
9) I'm loyal to a fault sometimes. My history speaks for itself in this category.
10) I love being creative by scrapbooking, making cards, and other projects around the house. However it's hard for me to come up with original ideas on my own so I look at lots of idea books and online for my inspiration.
11) I'm a magazine reading junky! Right now I currently get in the mail the following magazines and read every single one from cover to cover. Real Simple, Redbook, Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbooks Etc, Taste of Home, and Better Homes and Gardens.
12) I loved my 4 years of college at Augie. This is the place where I really grew up and I secretly hope that at least one of my nieces or nephew go there for college.
13) I'm a worry-wart especially when it comes to my parents. They are getting older and have had a tough couple of years and thinking about them keeps me up late at night.
14) I'm allergic to everything - seriously! I've been through 3 rounds of allergy shots and through every allergy medicine sold and I finally found the best stuff ever. I'm even allergic to dogs but you know Tanner isn't going anywhere. Can you imagine what I told my allergy doctor when he said Tanner had to sleep in another room!
15) I'm not a morning person and it takes me a good 2-3 hours to be operating on all cylinders in the morning, thank goodness for caffeine.
16) My favorite drink in the world is Diet Dr. Pepper and I couldn't live without it.
17) I'm a cryer. I cry at the drop of a hat and I wish I could control it better. If there is a sad movie, tv show, commercial, book, song, or just about anything it will make me cry. Oh and let me just say that the worst thing you can say to a cryer is "why are you crying?". Just don't say it, it only makes it worst.
18) I honestly don't go to funerals (see above). I have been to 5 funerals my entire life and I only go if absolutely necessary. My first funeral experience has scarred me for life.
19) I love to surf the internet looking at scrapbooking and design idea websites. I can't get enough of HGTV and DIY too.
20) I've always want to drive up to a really wealthy neighborhood and knock on the front doors to ask what they do for a living. Don't you wonder what those 20,000 sq feet homes look like and what they did to earn it?
21) I've only bought 2 cars in my life and I've been driving for 16 years. I definitely earned that new car of mine.
22) My newest obsession (and I have many of them) includes decorating our house. The problem is I'm so indecisive. I've bought and returned so many items lately that I think it's driving David crazy. It looks great in the store but in our house it looks totally different.
23) I'm struggling with all of my new years resolutions. I think a big part of it is this cold weather, it's stopping me from doing many of the things that I wanted to do.
24) I love spending time going into the city. Chicago is so close and I only wish we did it more often. In March we get to stay in the new Trump towers for a work event. David and I can't wait, the rooms look gorgeous.
25) I hate Sunday nights - they are actually pretty depressing because I realize all of the stuff I didn't get done over the weekend and also the anticipation of a new work week ahead. On that note I better get moving - I have laundry to fold and need to jump in the shower.