background

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Designed the Cutest Bangle Purse

I designed the cutest bangle purse and I want to tell you all about it! At the end of November I attended a purse party but this wasn’t your normal, hide in the basement and purchase knock-off’s type party. I actually got to design the purse that I would use on a night out on the town with some of the most beautiful fabrics available.  After selecting the fabric, trim, and accessories for my purse – I left the hard work of sewing my design to Alexa Holzworth of LexiWynn Designs. Alexa is the owner and designer of her own custom made handbags and she is one creative lady!

Alexa has a blog and a website if you want to see more of her creations. Her designs are sold exclusively through home parties and I am in the midst of booking a party with her soon. Cosmo’s, good friends, and purses on a Friday night – what more does a girl need?

Interested in the process?

First – you select the style of purse. Do you want a tote, purse, diaper bag, messenger bag, or a cute little bangle purse? The choice is all yours and you have lots of samples to view to get some ideas.

Second – you select the fabrics you would like to use and if you want any other custom work on your purse. For example I added some rick rack ribbon to mine. I also had a bangle attached to the end of the wristlet so I could keep the wristlet on my wrist and have jewelry on all at the same time.

Third – place your order and anxiously await Alexa to sew up your masterpiece. She does all of the work so patience is key, especially if you are ordering right before the holidays. But it was WELL worth the wait and I can’t wait to use it!

020 011 012 013 014 015 016018 019

LOVE IT – LOVE IT – LOVE IT!!!

It’s very “me” and I only wish I could now design an entire room around these fabrics. Oh wait – now I’m on to something……..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be in my neck of the woods! I know so many gals with LexiWyn bags...

Allison said...

Please, Please invite me to your purse party! I love it!

Brooke said...

Ohhhh - Ahhhh!! So cute ;) INVITE me too. I have heard of these parties but haven't yet attended one. Consider me there!!!

Fryer Family said...

Wow! I have never heard of this kind of purse party. I have yet to find a purse that I really, really love, so this is a fabulous idea!

PRichards said...

The big black one on her blog is awesome! Let me know when you have a party!

Terri said...

Cute, stylish, unique...yes, I must agree Melissa - this bag is definitely you. And about that party????
-t.