background

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Few Good Books

I know I haven’t posted lately but it’s not because I don’t have anything say (stop laughing), it’s because I’ve been busy reading and adjusting to working 5 days a week once again. Reading is only one of my many hobbies but I’ve really kicked it into high gear lately and read 3 books in one week while I was on holiday break. I’m in reading mode and getting some of those books on the “future reading” list checked off. In 2009 I read 23 books and my goal for 2010 is to read 26 books; 1 every 2 weeks. Doable don’t you think?

I thought I would share a few of my recent favorites.

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I know a lot of people have already read this book but it’s been on my book shelf for quite a while. I loved the book despite how depressing it was at times. It’s a memoir which makes it even better. (3.5/4 stars)

book 1

The Help by Kathryn Stockett. A longer read but I love historical fiction!!!! (4/4 stars)

book 2

The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard. This was the January selection for my Novel Thoughts book club and I was hooked after the first page of the book – seriously! I don’t normally read mysteries but this was an exception for me. (4/4 stars)

book 3 

Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name by Vendela Vida. This was a super quick read but very enjoyable. It takes place in a very cold place so cozy up in your snuggie with a mug of hot chocolate and you’ll be set. (3/4 stars)

book 4

I hope you get to enjoy some time reading this winter and that maybe you’ll pick one of these books to enjoy.

P.S. Sorry for the weird pictures from Amazon.com – I was desperate for pictures of the book covers.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

You always have great recommendations. I have a few of those on my list too!