background

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Bars

Thanks for your feedback on which pumpkin dessert I should make for my hubby's return home. Not only did I have to clean up after myself all week (that was hard work), but I missed my hubby so much that I wanted to give him a warm welcome home. Therefore he will be welcomed home by some delicious, out of this world - Pumpkin Pie Bars thanks to a recipe I found on Joy the Baker's blog - that girl has some serious baking skills and her photography of her baked goods has me drooling. My pictures don't do these bars justice but you get the idea, can you smell the pumpkin spice from here?




RECIPE

1-1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) cold butter or margarine
1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons bourbon (optional)
a handful of butterscotch or chocolate chips for sprinkling on top (optional)

HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 13×9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; grease foil. Mix flour, 1/4 granulated sugar and brown sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and nuts.

RESERVE 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min. Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar, eggs, vanilla, bourbon, pumpkin and spice with mixer until well blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and a handful of butterscotch or chocolate chips (if desired).

BAKE 25 min.; cool 10 min. Use foil to transfer dessert from pan to wire rack; cool completely.

ENJOY Stick fork into the yummy goodness and chow down. Yummy!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I can smell 'em from here!! MMMMMmmmmmm!

MamaBear said...

I'm going to make these for the party we are going to tomorrow night. Thanks for posting the recipe!

Anonymous said...

yum ....im trying this!!!!

If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Fryer Family said...

Yay! You made the bars. They look wonderful.