background

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blogs I Adore - the Lettered Cottage

This Southern Belle from Alabama has a sense of design that is very beachy, relaxing, and is like a breathe of fresh air. Layla is a beautiful lady that runs a very successful design consulting business while renovating her little cottage that is beyond adorable. Her and her husband are also wonderful photographers and have some artwork for sale that will be making it's way to my doorstep very soon (seriously it's on order so stay tuned). You must stop by for a breathe of fresh air at her blog, the Lettered Cottage.


if Layla isn't providing design consultations to her clients she is..............

taking photographs or creating artwork or........

finding some awesome accessories at flea markets and thrift stores.

She has inspired me to add some beachy twists to my living room and I'm so excited to reveal those projects to you very soon. Here's a little tease - picture an old, rustic ladder from the farm, some modern artwork that is cool and calm, and some elements that remind you of the beach or your favorite childhood memory.

My hubby keeps reminding me that we don't live by the ocean but that doesn't mean that my house can't "feel" like I'm on the water. I've always loved beachy decor (i.e. our 2nd bathroom) ever sense my hubby said "will you marry me?" on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean in Florida.

1 comment:

Lettered Cottage said...

THANK YOU!!!!
This was the sweetest post!
I am so flattered. I am promptly signing up to follow your blog and can't wait to see what you do with your home.

Hugs-
Layla