background

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

From Our House To Yours

This year I decided that I wanted our holiday cards to be simpler than last year's or the year before and I accomplished that - kind of. I don't do too well with simple but at least they didn't get in the mail at the very last minute, in fact they went in the mail last week and would have been sent earlier if I had stamps. I know some of you get them sent out right after Thanksgiving but I need a little bit more time to get into the Christmas spirit and get my creative mojo going.

Once I figured out my design concept, I began working on a sample and then cut all of the pieces so that I could work on them in an assembly line. That approach makes assembling each card go so much faster than if you cut them one by one. You get a rhythm which makes it much more enjoyable and decreases the number of errors that can occur. Yes it's a lot of work but I want those that receive them to know that I poured my heart into them. Also I like being that holiday card in the stack that is a little different from all of the others that they receive.

From our house to yours - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!



Supplies Used:
  • Stamps: From Our House to Yours
  • Paper: real red, shimmer white, whisper white, soft suede, vellum
  • Ink: soft suede, real red (heart)
  • Other: red ribbon, oval punch, square punch (window), snowflake embossing folder, big shot, scallop edge punch, merry sizzlets

1 comment:

Brooke said...

That card is a masterpiece! (So much cuter in person.) I loved it :D