Here's what has taken place in the world of Delaney.
- She met her cousins Lacey and Andrew and was a perfect little girl during their visit. Aunt Julie also got to visit with her. It's so nice to have cousins old enough to babysit....and she drives too. They are very excited to have a little one in the family.
- She is starting to outgrow her newborn clothes and I've slowly started packing them away.....sniff, sniff. She wore her first 0-3 month clothes this week.
- A dear co-worker of mine had her father pass away suddenly so we went to the Shiva. Many co-workers were there and she had many eager people waiting to hold her. Babies take away the sadness a bit since they are a nice distraction especially since my friend is 39 weeks pregnant.
- We went to a book club members surprise birthday party. Barb turned 85 and I'm so blessed to have her in my life. She's like having another Grandma and she was overjoyed to meet Delaney and hold her for a bit.
- Went on LOTS of walks - it's been in the 70's and 80's and it's only mid-March. Can you say global warming?!
- Had a picnic lunch at the forest preserve and went for a good long walk. It was 80 degrees and we couldn't miss an opportunity to get some fresh air.
- Found her thumb this week and was finally able to land it in the mouth. I think it was a fluke though because she can't seem to repeat it despite trying really hard to suck her thumb.
- I marked the calendar, March 15th was the first night she slept 7 1/2 hours straight. I woke up in a panic and had to check to see if she was still breathing. It was great news but scared me too when I realized I didn't feed her at all that night.
- She smiled for the first time that was NOT associated with passing gas but just shear joy.
- Celebrated St. Patrick's Day with a nice long walk and visits with the neighbors. Of course she wore green too.
- Got together with family so she could see her Uncle Steve again.
- First road trip - we went to Indiana and she slept through the night when at the hotel. It seems to be catching on. Yippee! She was fantastic in the car and only got fussy when it was time to eat. She's a great travel buddy.
Meeting Cousin Lacey for the first time. She was battling the flu for a while and had to patiently wait to finally meet her. Doesn't it look like they coordinated their outfits?
Meeting Cousin Andrew who is smitten over his new cousin.
All dressed up to attend the Shiva and meet some co-workers of mine.
Stretching and looking out the window. Here she is sporting her cozy outfit including her babylegs and thirsties diaper cover.
Happy 85th birthday Barb! So excited she got to meet such a special lady.
Annie got her this outfit and she just had to wear it for the surprise party.
My dear friend Peg is overjoyed for us and her smile says it all. We are truly blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives.
Delaney and I all wrapped up in our moby wrap. Babywearing is the best!
Delaney enjoying the beautiful weather outside. She has started to reach for the bunny on her papasan a few times.
Love those blue eyes! They are a darker shade than David's so I think she got them from me. At least 1 feature of hers is from my side!
All smiles as she celebrates St. Patrick's Day!
Cutest girl in a green dress. She doesn't need luck - she has the best parents! Ha Ha.