Let's see what Delaney has been up to.
- We discovered that she likes the swing and it soothes her during the afternoon when its hard for her to settle down.
- Instead of putting her into the baby bath tub, we decided to have her join me in the tub and she LOVED it instantly! She loves the water and pushes her arms and legs like she wants to do the backstroke. I think we have a natural born swimmer, which is good because I don't want to pass my fear of deep water onto her. I look forward to her taking swimming lessons early so she isn't traumatized like I was when I started lessons.
- Daddy left us for the first time to go to a concert. We did well alone but were excited to have him back to help with those diaper changes since he does most of them.
- We also had her first big outing to the library. Since she's a newborn they gave us a nice gift including a doggie board book, wrist rattle, and good information on reading to a young one. We had custom book shelves built for her nursery and I've loved filling it with books. I hope she loves reading like I do.
- I also left Delaney for the first time to go scrapbooking and it was great to get out of the house. Cabin fever was really getting to me and it was nice to get out for a bit. I am really feeling like my old self which is great! It was also my first time pumping outside of the hospital or our house so I was a bit worried about that - with good reason, I didn't have enough batteries and the pump wouldn't work! I should have tested it before I left.
- Eating like a champ! Still every 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Wearing newborn clothes.
- Sleeping well and love to be swaddled, it calms you.
- Celebrated my 1 month birthday!!!
- Went to the doctor for a weight check and was so happy to hear she was gaining 1 1/2 oz/day! We are now weighing 8 lb 5 oz. This goes to show that breastfeeding is really going well and the best thing for her especially as we try and catch up from being born early.
- Visited my co-workers who couldn't get enough of her. She is the cutest after all! I tried to get her a job while we were there and I know she's going to have a successful career someday.
- We also left her with a babysitter for the first time. OK, it was my parents but it counts! David and I went downtown Chicago for a few hours and I finally got my birthday dinner from Joe's Stone Crab. I was in the hospital on my actual birthday but it was nice to get my favorite meal. I even had a glass of wine and it was bliss. I never even cried which is good for me since I can cry at the drop of a hat. I knew she was in good hands and she was an angel the whole time we were gone. The grandparents loved every minute of it.
- Delaney attended her first birthday party. Her buddy, Parker, turned one and she was all dressed up for the occasion.
- She began playing a little bit with her first toy, a flower, which David has named "Patty Petunia".
- The weather is warming up a bit and we went for our first stroller ride to the lake. She slept the whole time but we loved getting outside in the fresh air and the dogs LOVED it even more. They've gotten a bit neglected with the weather being cold and the babies arrival. Now that it's warming up we are going for lots of walks which is great for everyone.
Kicking back in my swing in my Daddy's man cave.
Sleeping on my Daddy's chest on a lazy morning.
Look at how long her hair is. It's beautiful.
Smiling because it's February 25th and she is 1 month old.
Starting to get tired of all of these pictures.
Delaney and her sock monkey buddy.
Stretching out on her Grandma's quilt she made her.
Sitting up in her crib. She is yet to sleep in it but she will someday soon.
Don't worry - I will remove the bumper!
All dressed up for her first birthday party.
I think Parker thought she was beautiful.
Pooped from all of the partying. Time to get her beauty sleep.
Cuddling up in her Rock and Play Sleeper with the blanket the auxilary ladies from the hospital made for her. It's the perfect size for her right now. Isn't she so peaceful looking?
Weeks 5 & 6 are behind us and she's growing up so fast! Slow down baby girl!!!!