background

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday {04-24-2011}

Happy Easter! I am so happy to find some much needed time this week to snap a few pictures as a part of Ashley's Scavenger Hunt Sunday. I've missed a few challenges recently and boy have I missed them! I am STILL waiting for my news to arrive after I ordered it 5 weeks ago so unfortunately I am limited to 1 prime lens and my telephoto.....I really miss having a lens with a better range. My lens is shipping from Japan so needless to say shipping is slow getting out of the country. When it arrives don't worry, you'll hear me yelling from the rooftop!

Reflections
of me while sitting at a stoplight with my husband. At least the sun is shining - finally!
Not a very exciting pictures but at least I am participating this week, right?!?!

Guess what this is.
Still can't guess what it is? It's my new secret weapon for wrinkle free skin! It's my much loved Rodan + Fields night serum that I put on each night before my age fighting night cream. My friend Brooke over at My Boysterous Life blogged about her love of the Rodan + Fields products and as a dear friend of mine I knew it had to be good if she liked it that much. So good that she talked her twin sister Beth into becoming a consultant! Interested in learning more check out Beth's website.
Also look at Brooke's results from using their acne system - unbelievable!

What's inside
my cupcake carrier today? I made some Easter cupcakes for Easter and I was surprised by how fun they were to make today. I may now be baking and decorating cupcakes every weekend.
I decided to make some Easter bunnies and then one's with green grass, Easter eggs, and peeps too.
The Easter bunnies turned out better than I thought. 

Playtime!
My big child loves to play video games and it happens more frequently than I would like.
While I was decorating cupcakes, here's what my husband was doing.
Playing Xbox......notice the headset?! That's so he can play online with his other adult friends.
Who knew video games were so popular for adults!

Lawn & Garden
This called for a visit to the "lawn & garden" section of the Home Depot!
But the second picture of the UGLIEST toad I've ever seen was found on my lawn in the backyard today.
I was in the yard doing work and let's just say I thought my dogs left something behind for me until I realized it was alive! Yes, I screamed and ran but then grabbed the camera.
Linking Up:



11 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness! Those cupcakes look AHHH-MAZING! Did you say you were coming over to our house tomorrow? Oh good! hee.
Love your night serum stuff. I can't wait to give that a try. Once my acne issues are in check, I am trying all that good anti-aging stuff.... lord knows I NEED it! Oh and I was laughing at Dave's gamer face - he looks so serious! And that toad - WHAAAAA! I would have flipped. Well done this week - glad you got your trigger finger working this week. Happy Easter to you and Dave.

Marla said...

Wonderful shots. I love the reflection one. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Margaret said...

Love the toad...or frog...whatever it is. :) And I love that you take the camera in the car with you. I can't tell you how many times I wish my husband had been driving since I wanted to take a shot of something.

If you have any left over cupcakes... :)

Happy Easter!

Charmaine Poulin said...

LOVE those cupcakes!!! And that toad! I would've done the same!!! Great shot!

Buckeroomama said...

Your cupcakes are so pretty!!

...and those night serum caps? I think I might need some of those. =)

I'm so excited for you about the new lens. I've been "shopping" for lenses, but can't bring myself to commit to which one I want next. Which lens are you getting?

Heather said...

I love your cupcake photo - great photo and great cupcakes. I wish I could make cupcakes that looked that awesome!

Nicole said...

I actually had to bring my husband over to take a look at your playtime picture. Too funny. Yes, my husband has that same look almost every night after the kids go to bed. Okay, not every night. Sometimes he switches it up with computer games. Great captures today!

Ashley Sisk said...

I'm glad you were able to participate. I'm interested in that acne/anti-aging stuff. Well more the acne. I'm sure no one has ever noticed but I have bad breakouts and my husband can't understand why I still get them - I guess he hasn't been blessed with acne after his teens.

Tinuhe said...

The cupcakes look sooooo delicious! :)

Calvin said...

I only have eyes for... the Easter cup cakes! Wish I could bake...

Beth Alexander Ham said...

Melissa,
I am so happy that you are loving your Rodan and Fields Products that makes my day!!!! Anyhow thank you so much!!

Beth Alexander Ham
http://bethham.myrandf.com