It's been 2 weeks since Stella
won the lottery joined our family and I thought I would share an update with how our little Stella-Bella is doing. She is fitting well into our little family and still adores Tanner to pieces, however he is still adjusting to not being the only star around here. He is a great big brother and thanks to him Stella is doing great with her house training. After her first walk around the block today, I decided to take advantage of the natural light and couldn't resist snapping some pictures of her in her new pink winter coat - it's just so darn cute! There are many more items of clothing in her future, I just can't help myself.
- Her bark and howl - not a good thing necessarily but if Tanner barks so does she
- She loves her new winter coat that Mama got her
- Hanging out in the backyard and chasing after Tanner
- Is able to lay down and relax when we are watching TV or reading
- Walking on leash
- House training with minor accidents
- Maybe recognizing her name
- Takes treats out of our hand
- Going up and down the steps on the deck; going up the stairs in the house
- Sleeps ALL night long - in our bed of course
Needs some work:
- Allowing David & I to pick her up and cuddle with her, she is scared to death and it's a race around the house to be able to pick her up. This will take time but I hope we start to see some progress.
- Giving Tanner a little bit of space, her nice is in his behind all of the time
- Going down the stairs in our house (she only goes up)
- Not destroying her bedding in her crate while we are at work
Stella right after her walk around the block
Getting ready to go outside
Tanner & Stella really do look like brother and sister don't you think?
Later in the day getting ready for a little grooming session with Mama.
I love her soulful eyes