background

Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm Stumped

I'm excited to be working on a new project soon that I've wanted to tackle for a while. What I thought would be easy turned out to be a bit more difficult than I thought. Getting my hands on a stump has been like a scavenger hunt to say the least. I put my dad and grandpa up to the challenge because I knew I would end up with a really good stump if I put them on the task. My dad ended up getting a great sized stump from a golf course that wanted about 30 perfectly good trees cut down. While it makes me sad to hear that these trees are being cut down, I am now the lucky owner of a gorgeous oak tree stump. I will need to drive back home to pick it up but then I'll be working on my masterpiece. Here's what I plan on doing with my new stump - turning it into a one of a kind end table. I am still dreaming about the possibilities but it'll be gorgeous once it's done. In the meantime here's some inspirational photos to look at.

In addition to the gorgeous stump, I LOVE the galvanized headboard and wood planked walls. The gray and yellow accent colors are awesome as well.
Another view.
A different twist to the stump. Turning it gray made it oh so chic. There isn't anything in this photo that I don't love. The lines and upholstery on the chair has me drooling along with punches of yellow and gray.
A close-up of the gray end table...I'm seeing a gray theme here.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Serioulsy Melissa, you come up with the coolest ideas! Miss seeing you!
-t.

Brooke said...

I love this!!! Can't wait to see the final outcome. Hugs :D

Fryer Family said...

This will be gorgeous! If it works out we just might have to steal your idea!!! I love the new look of your blog too!